One year after the Titanic sank, the Titanic Memorial Lighthouse and time ball was built in 1913 to honor the victims atop Seamen’s Church. The time ball would drop everyday at noon.
In 1976, the lighthouse was donated to South Seaport Museum and moved to Titanic Memorial Park in Manhattan.
The Friends of the Titanic has launched a GoFundme fundraiser to restore the lighthouse on the 110th Anniversary of the tragedy on April 15, 2022.
Ten percent of purchases on The Paint the Parks page will be donated the Titanic fundraiser.