Titanic Memorial Lighthouse, NY
11x17 inch print
One year after the Titanic sank, the Titanic Memorial Lighthouse was built in 1913. It was placed atop the Seamen’s Church. It had a time ball that dropped everyday at noon.
In 1976, the lighthouse was donated to South Seaport Museum and moved to Titanic Memorial Park in Manhattan.
The Titanic was a ship of big dreams. It was the largest ship in the world with unparalleled luxury. It has over 2,000 people on board; some were immigrants hoping to live the American Dream. They were a diverse group from Britain, Ireland, Scandinavia, Central and Eastern Europe and Hong Kong. The tragedy of the Titanic has inspired poets and filmmakers.